Monday, November 7, 2011

Day of the Dead Parade!

Ok so I attended the Day of the Dead parade here in Tucson. I must say it was epic! Literaly if the word "epic" is to ever be used, it should be used to describe this parade.
There were thousands of people, if not hundreds of thousands of people. And everyone was there for one event, one goal. To see and walk in the parade.

Thousands of people in face paint, people carring memorial signs, people taking pictures, it was an amazing feeling. It was like attending an open service to every religion you could think of. It was a positive vibe, a diffrent way to honor a person's death, or those you loved who are gone. I felt so connected, to this city, and to everyone around me.

I have never seen anything like it before, it was like the whole city came out to celebrate, remember, and to show support. I will for sure go again next year, and maybe I will even paint my face, and walk. It was truely a moving event, and if anyone visits during the parade I would suggest dropping whatever plans you have and going. Trust me you wont regret it.

P.S. I will be posting pictures later, as for right now I will be heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment